1. Describe yourself in 3 words. Fun, determined and successful
2. What is your job title and role? Channel Account Manager. I work for a global IT security company and manage a number of focused partners that resell our solutions.
3. How many times per year do you travel and is it predominantly long or short haul? Outside the UK 6-7 times a year, short haul. In the UK I travel on a weekly basis.
4. What is your favourite business destination and why? Outside the UK I would say Denver Colorado, they have a great balance between work and play. However I think London is the best city for business personally.
5. What are your favourite travel companions, gadgets and accessories? iPad, a good book probably sports related, a quality set of headphones.
6. What are your business travel ‘pet hates’? Delays
7. What is your funniest business travel experience? Whilst in Utrecht Holland headed to Amsterdam one evening, once there all trains were cancelled and having to wait till the first train the following morning. Then heading straight to work on a stand at an expo with no sleep.
8. How do you stay sane, organised and relaxed when you are away from home? Plan before leaving home to minimize surprises.
9. If you could change one thing about business travel, what would it be? Reduced time to get around.
10. Do you have any packing rules / tips? Don’t leave it till the last minute to avoid forgetting anything, always pack a little more than you think you need just in case.
11. What is your best piece of travel advice? Stay calm even with delays or changes.