1. Describe yourself in 3 words. – Passionate, Creative, OpenMinded
2.What is your job title and role? – CEO - Sticky Marketing Club
3. How many times per year do you travel and is it predominantly long or short haul? – Around 35 – 40 trips per year – it is mainly long haul although there are some short haul flights
4. What is your favourite business destination and why? – I love the variety of meeting so many different people and going to a multitude of places rather than having a favourite destination
5. What are your favourite travel companions, gadgets and accessories? – My travel eye mask, iPad and iPhone.
6. What are your business travel ‘pet hates’? – Slow security and customs line. Noisy passengers on night flights when I have to sleep because I have to work in the morning.
7. What is your funniest business travel experience? – The pilot who just before we came into land gave us his spoken word rendition of ‘My Way’ and now the end is near…. Etc. etc.
8. How do you stay sane, organised and relaxed when you are away from home? - I enjoy the travel, so don’t find the experience too stressful. My diary is always so full I don’t have time to worry about anything in any case.
9. If you could change one thing about business travel, what would it be? – all the preflight rigmarole. I would like a car to drop me off at the plane please
10. Do you have any packing rules / tips? – I only travel with a cabin bag. Waiting for luggage at the end of a long flight is laborious
11. What is your best piece of travel advice? – I was told, many years ago, that in order to deal with jet lag one should not just alter their watch and live by the new time zone as soon as they get on the plane. They should also ensure they change their eating habits as well. For example, don’t have a big lunch when it is breakfast time in the new time zone. This works really well for me in dealing with jet lag effectively.